Advent Calendar – Day 13
The Lord Of The Dance Meets The World Champion Hider
A score of years resides between present day, and when the events of this story actually took place. It’s often hard to process memory within the construct of time, as it truly becomes less reliable the further you get from the event.
However, here are the facts; as I remember them:
1. On Christmas Day, 1996, My father and I each received a ticket to see Michael Flatley’s Lord Of The Dance.
2. The tickets were a gift from my Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna Hickey.
3. They also had tickets for the event.
4. The event was for April 1997, at the Fleet Center, in Boston.
5. My father and I received the tickets as a split gift, which is to say that they were wrapped individually and given to us separately.
6. We were excited to receive the gift.
7. I took the ticket home from my Uncle’s home, and put it on top of my bureau, for safekeeping.
8. My father took his ticket and put it in a special place so that he would not forget where he put it.
9. Five months later, when the time for the event arrived, my Father could not find the ticket, nor remember the special place he put it so he wouldn’t forget it.
10. I gave my Father my ticket, so he could go.
11. After two moves, we still have never been able to find the ticket.
12. When my Father was incapacitated by a stroke, I surely thought his last words would be that he remembered where he put that ticket.
13. It will remain a mystery.
If you enjoyed this post, please take a peek at yesterday’s Advent Calendar Day 12
Published by Christopher Hickey
Welcome to my effort. Yes, as a great procrastinator, it requires great effort to stay focused on something productive that matters to me. I’ll find any old excuse to traipse from project to project, and I rarely end up at the place I started. I find this maddening, and exhaustive. So it is with high hopes, and a greater grasp of self-awareness, that I embark upon staying the course so to speak.
I enjoy writing. Be it blogs, fiction, poetry, etc. I love the craft and the act of creation, the art in and of itself, for it’s own sake and end. I am happy to be able to do it.
Born: March 1974
St.Francis de Sales, Charlestown MA
Don Bosco Technical High School, Boston MA
University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Lowell MA
Bunker Hill Community College, Charlestown MA
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
North Virginia Community College, Arlington VA
Harvard Extension School, Cambridge MA
Place of residence: Somewhere in the land of metro Boston. It’s vaguely familiar and becoming home more and more by the day, but when you come from “The Town” all else fails by comparison.
Favorite Color: I’m partial to all forms of blue.
Favorite Author: c’mon! don’t expect me to answer that, there are too many.
I enjoy memories of playing 80’s Atari better than playing any advanced gaming system that exists today.
Hope to be recognized for my paper clip collection. As well as my 27 rejected applications to Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailiey Clown college.
View all posts by Christopher Hickey
5 thoughts on “Advent Calendar 2018: Day 13”
Thanks for the memory.
Thank you 😊